Tinder-on-a-Rope from Light My Fire; is a natural way to start a fire in almost any weather. It's made from fat-wood, so there are no chemicals or toxic fumes. It's high in resin content, so it doesn't absorb water, and works well in wet conditions. Powder shaved from the stick will catch a spark from a Light My Fire rod easily. In wet conditions you can add a few slivers of the wood to really get your fire going. The flame from the resin burns hotter than paper or paraffin. The block is about 6" long, and weighs about 1 3/4 ounces.