Collection: Hults Bruk
The Hults Bruk story begins in 1697 when hand forging steel and iron was done with water driven hammers. Over the last three centuries, Hults Bruk has perfected the art of designing and manufacturing premium Swedish axes. Today the factory is a compelling combination of the new and the old, where the underlying culture and character of exquisite Swedish ironworking endures.
Hults Bruk axes are made for a lifetime of use camping, backpacking, bushcrafting, hunting or performing forestry work. Find the perfect axe, one that you will pass down to your son or daughter, and join the Hults Bruk tradition.
Hults Bruk manufactures two different series of axes. Each series is made from the same steel, hickory and leather. The primary difference between the Premium and Agdor axes is the amount of time spent finishing the axe.
Hults Bruk Premium Axes
- Detailed head shape to support working conditions where a close and controlled grip is needed. More time is spent under the hammer creating this look and feel.
- The head is polished after the forging process and the natural finish is left for durability.
- Each edge is hand sharpened and polished.
- The Water Buffalo Leather sheath covers the entire head on most models.
- The handle has more time on the lathe to create an oval shape for better handling.
- The Hults Bruk Logo is stamped into the wood adding to the premium fit and finish.
Hults Bruk Agdor Axes
- The "Agdor" brand was started by Hults Bruk around 100 years ago and is produced in the same facility in Sweden as the Hults Bruk Premium series.
- Agdor Axes have a more basic head shape, meaning less time is spent shaping the axe head.
- The heads are painted a deep blue and a vintage log sticker is attached to the head.
- The heavy duty leather sheath is made in Western North Carolina by expert leathermakers.